Me, Myself and I

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Best Friend Chaffetz

I almost forgot to mention...
"Youth Community Citizenship Award"
On Tuesday last week, I was privileged to receive an award given by the Utah Representative Jason Chaffetz! It was an awkward ceremony with a brief speech by the big J.C.
He told some stories from his younger days about how you need to grab every opportunity and hold onto it. You never know what doors will be opened for you.
 It was great to be acknowledged in this way. My school selected me (or more accurately, my school secretary Mrs.C.).  Lots of schools in Utah each had a student being spotlighted with the procedure being: Call your name and school, who recommended you and then have your picture taken with Chaffetz.
Both of my parents came along with a quick trip to Wendy's afterwards.

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -e.e. cummings. (1955)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger