Me, Myself and I

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Culture.

I've been thinking a lot about the past and the future. 
I keep trying to stay in the present, but it's difficult.
School doesn't even feel like an option and I've stayed home for the past two days.
But I have been... cultured.
Wednesday I went to the Art Museum 
I sat on a bench and wondered how people can be intrigued by modern art.
That wondering didn't last long for I was suddenly drawn into the most amazing painting.
It spoke to me, it was me.
Thursday (today) I went to the Provo Temple.
It is magnificent.
On the way home, I stopped at the cemetery and thought about things.
Mostly the future and the past.
I wondered about the people buried there and what their lives had been like.
I thought about where I would like to be buried, or if I want my ashes thrown into the sea.
I feel good though even if this post may seem melancholy.
Just thinking a lot can bring things into perspective. 
Can open a window of thoughts you can fly with.
It's freeing in a sense.

"A human life is a story told by God" - Hans Christian Anderson

1 comment:

  1. “The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.” -M. Scott Peck

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger