Me, Myself and I

Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Praise the bridge that carried you over"

grat·i·tude

  
[grat-i-tood, -tyood] –nounthe quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful: He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.How often do we realize all the many blessings in life that God has given us?I sure don't! Throughout the entire day, how much is spent in gratitude?Realizing that my heart is most thankful near turkey cutting day has been dis-heartening.In light of my soon to be given talk in church, I would like to express my appreciativeness!
  • Sunshine, I am SO grateful for the light it shares to our world.
  • Music! The number one thing that brings me to tears and I love it
  • Family. You know every flaw, yet its okay. You love them no matter what and when you die and go to Heaven, who do you want by your side? I want my sisters.
  • Photography! To be able to self-express what I'm seeing... it just brings joy!
  • Reading. I'm grateful for being able to read and learn. I LOVE books.
  • Religion. I would be no where without my love of the gospel and knowledge of the plan of salvation. I know God is always watching over me.
  • Holiday! To celebrate what life is truly about, the good times!
  • School. Yes. As much as it pains me to admit it, I am going to miss high school. You automatically feel safe in high school. I know where I stand with everyone, I know the system, and I'm appreciated. Sure... I want to be done with it. But on the other hand... I'm terrified for the future. But I am grateful for the past. and present.
  • Last but not least! I am grateful for....myself. I know that can sound a tad strange but i've been really thinking about it. Without my personality, I would be a walking zombie with no purpose in life. I always seem to see only my flaws. But at the beginning of the day...when I walk out the door...I'm happy to know that my outfit matches, my teeth are brushed and my hair is curled. I am who I am. And I love me.
What are you grateful for? Just think about it..

1 comment:

  1. your talk was absolutely fantastic, I'm sorry I left before I could tell you how amazing you were!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger