Me, Myself and I

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Books change things

Have you ever read a book and realized that your view of the world is suddenly shifted?
Everytime I read the Book of Mormon, I always feel better.
Everytime I read Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens, I realized what I can work on.
Everytime I read Goose Girl, I just feel happy about love and life.

This time, it's called The Alchemist.
"All you have to do is contemplate a simple grain of sane, and you will see in it all the marvels of creation. Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World, and it will one day return there."
"I don't live in either my past or my future. I'm interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we're living now."
“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” You’ve got to find the treasure, so 
that everything you have learned along the way can make sense."
“When you are in love, things make even more sense, he thought.”
“Courage is the quality most essential to understanding the Language of the World."

My favorite quote from the entire book:
“When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.

Everybody should read this book. 
It will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger