Me, Myself and I

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Year.

HIGHLIGHTS OF 2010
(idea given by the beautiful Chrystalyn Finch)
JANUARY
My Goals for the 2010 year were as follows:
#1 Strengthen my personal relationship with my Savior by drawing closer to him. (Through activities such as: Reading my Scriptures, Bearing my Testimony and Service to Others.)
#2 Finish my Personal Progress before my 18th birthday! (CONQUERED!!)
#3 Re-read the entire Book of Mormon.
Some other things going on were: Basketball(Team Captain so there was a ton of stress on me..all the time.). January is foggy for me because I think I just wanted it to pass as quickly as it could because it wasn't .. the funnest. BUT I do remember a Stake Conf. when Elder L. Tom Perry came and I got to shake his hand!
Another thing was poetry. Miss Meyerson was in the poetry mood and I wrote so many poems that my hand hurt. Also I memorized the "O Captain, My Captain" poem and broke my thumb. Went to the Oquirrh Temple with Obnette Woodward and Mitch Travino.. those were good times.
FEBRUARY
Hmmm.. Not my brightest month by far. I sang the song "God Help the Outcast" for a vocal recital that I was in. Also I got proposed to by a Korean foreign exchange student. My favorite Jee. There was the basketball tournament. I don't think I had ever cried so much about basketball in my life then I did on that day. My cousin Jennings came and lived with my family for a little while. I remember.. being/feeling alone. A lot.
MARCH
Kendra had her Poetry Out Loud competition in SLC that remember. I spent a lot of time with Obnette. Some with Levi. Some with Kaya. Obnette got asked to prom by her friend Mitch Tranvino and she bought the prettiest dress and had the grandest time. Also I went to the Festival of Colors with Ale, Kay, Katy, Sam and Brooke.
AHHHHH. Lots of issues with Levi. Those were the times that I never wanted to think of again.
But what I do want to say is this: In the moment, I was just doing my best. My issues and personal problems would just blow up into a supersize problem that felt so real and hurtful. I just wanted to be friends but I was to attached, to up close and couldn't see how ridiculous I was until it would be to late.
but enough about that.
APRIL
I was asked to Prom by Preston Parker, that was eventful and crazy as well. He asked over the loud speaker of school. I found the perfect red dress that was/is beautiful. The only problem was the Obnette hadn't been asked yet so Levi convinced Eugen to ask Obnette!!

THEN IT WAS THE PROM.
Junior Prom. I was crowned Prom Princess and had a fantastic night with Preston. He was so much fun and we just laughed and talked the whole night.
<-- Friends.

Best Friends
-->
MAY
How crazy it is that time seems to slowly pass by in the moment but whenever we look behind us, we are miles ahead of where we were. In all my journal entries of May, I repeat over and over... "I just don't care anymore." I decided to move to Fallon, Nevada to be with my Grandparents. I wanted to get away SOO badly. I was drained, nothing of substance was even left of me.
But I spent a lot of time with Obnette. We had some great talks and we were almost inseparable. Lately I have been missing Obnette so much more that before. When I am no longer on the re-bound I can see all the positive she was and .. the negative that I was. Oh how my friendships never last.


JUNE
I left for my Grandparents home straight after school let out. I got a beautiful blessing from my Grandpa and had a great time being with my Grandma. All three of us thought I would be staying there for a long time but God had other plans. Kami offered me a job at the Trafalga fun center where she worked and I headed home in time for Obnette's 18th birthday.
Along with being friends with Obnette, I became a lot better friends with Kaya Hartley. She is one marvelous person. We did a lot of "fun" things and she helped my summer not be such a "bummer."

<--Kaya! (this was when my camera wasn't working so we couldn't even see this picture when I took it ;)
JULY-AUGUST
Similar to July, I worked at Trafalga and spent a lot of time with Kaya. Later in August I talked to Obnette and we both realized that our relationship was a little different then we both wanted. Soooooo we parted ways.
In August, right before school started, Ariel Parker (Preston's younger sister) invited me to a "self-improvement" class that CHANGED MY LIFE. I took the course and then was chosen as one of the people to receive a free scholarship to take a 90 day course. The course is entitled OUTLOOK.
SEPTEMBER
Volleyball, School, More Volleyball, More School.
OCTOBER
Tried to decide whether or not to do basketball. Got a blessing and decided not to do it this year. What a GREAT thing and HUGE impact that it has made to not do it this year. I love basketball but it wasn't "fun" anymore and I'm a yellow personality and I don't do well without fun. I also went to see "The Magic Flute" with Kay Kay and her Mother dearest. That was a fun day.
NOVEMBER
Asked Carver to Homecoming, got 3rd place in a Volleyball tournament, Went to Homecoming(got crowned Homecoming Queen.), Thanksgiving day that was filled with.. emotions. DONATED BLOOD! Had a "most embarrassing moment" happen to me. Never thought it would. :) Graduated from my Power 90/Outlook class!
HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS TO SHOW:


DECEMBER
So here I am. This month has been a learning process as you might of noticed from previous posts. I'm in the middle of figuring out who I am.. (once again.. don't judge me.ha)
I am grateful for all that I have.
For my Mother.
My Sisters.
My Daddio
My Savior who loves me and cares about me.
For he is my ultimate best friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger